The truth is going from an employee to an entrepreneur can be a little scary. However, one of the ways to reduce fear and increase success is to lean on the wisdom and experience of others who have been successful in life.
Some may be famous and others not. Nevertheless, the wisdom, if you choose to listen, can help you create a paradigm shift in thinking which the foundation to massive success. I have always loved to listen to the champions that have gone before.
Here are 7 quotes that I have thought about often and used to inspire me to downsize my boss and it can do the same for you.
1. Once in awhile it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to. —Alan Keightley
Were you told to go to school and get a good job? I was. While I know my mother meant well and thought she was preparing me to be able to have access to the pearly gates of success she could not know how things would change.
However, I knew that I wanted more? How about you? Remember, you don’t have to settle for 60-hour work weeks, 30-minute commutes, your kids in daycare, or relocating for the promise of career advancement. You don’t have to be part of the grind…the rat race.
2. You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. — Mike Murdock
Are you afraid to get started? It may seem overwhelming but if you focus on simple daily actions the big goals take care of themselves.
3. No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals —. Brian Tracy
Get help right out the gate. Find a mentor, coach, mastermind, or become a part of a community that will help to support you in your success. You want to become a lifelong learner. Attend seminars and boot camps in your specialized area knowledge. When you learn from people who have been successful and you model their activities you will get their results.
4. By stretching yourself beyond your perceived level of confidence you accelerate your development of competence. — Michael J. Gelb
The only way to gain confidence in a certain area is to take action. It is in the action you will start to have small victories which will increase your level of success.
5. If you don’t program yourself, life will program you! —Les Brown
Don’t let other people make a decision for your life. If you have no plan on you will create wealth during your working years your employer will. Have no retirement plan? You don’t the government to be your strategy. Remember, it’s your life and it’s now or never.
6. There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. —Denis Waitley
No matter what your current conditions are you have the opportunity to change them. However, this only can happen if you take total responsibility for the direction of your life. If you don’t like where you are forgiving yourself and focus on solutions. Don’t focus on problems or why you think something can’t happen. Start to ask powerful questions the answers will start to appear.
7. Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality. — Dr. Wayne Dyer